Pelvipro Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Data Processing Policy (the ‘Policy’) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Pelvipro Limited of 3 Woodcock Close, Pannal, HG3 1LA (Company No. 09909728).
Personal data we may collect about you
You may give us personal data about you (such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information) whenever you contact us, either by telephone, letter, our website www.pelvipro.com (“Our Site”), or in any other way. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register as a user of our site, upload content and information to our site, place an order or sign up to receive email or postal updates.
How we use your personal data – General uses
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in this Policy. These purposes include:
- helping us identify you and any previous order you have placed with us;
- administering any orders placed and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- keeping you updated on the products which are for sale on our website by providing you with direct marketing communications through a number of channels; see ‘Marketing and opting out’;
- providing you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- notifying you about changes to our services;
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- seeking feedback on how we can improve the service we offer;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- dealing with any concerns raised by you or others in relation to your products or anything you have uploaded to our site;
- security vetting;
- improving our services;
- analysing the effectiveness of our marketing and communication.
How we use your personal data – Accredited Therapists
- referring a patient who has requested treatment from an Accredited Therapist;
- payment for therapy consultations purchased through Pelvipro Limited;
- providing you with information regarding the progress made by your Registered Patients, individually and accumulated
How we use your personal data – Registered Patients
- referring you to an Accredited Therapist when you have purchased a service which includes treatment from an Accredited Therapist;
- making requests for Patient survey information which will be used to monitor the progress made during your treatment with an Accredited Therapist
- sharing the results of this survey information with your Accredited Therapist
- accumulating the results of your survey information in a summary of all Pelvipro users surveyed – your results will not be separately identifiable when such accumulated results are published
- your Accredited Therapist may access your personal information to assign specific exercises to your individual Patient Area on Our Website
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by a number of channels (including mail, telephone and email) with information that we believe may be of interest to you, including updates on the work that we are doing, events and promotional activities. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time.
When you sign up for our newsletter, we will contact you by email from time to time with the latest news and offers from Pelvipro. If you wish to stop receiving these emails at any time, let us know and your information will immediately be removed from our mailing list.
See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers (who help run some of our administrative operations such as web hosting, payment processing, maintenance services or email distribution) some of whom may be outside the EEA (see ‘Transfers of data out of the EEA’ below);
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- users of our website where it has been uploaded to be shown on an area of our site accessible by other users; and
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data. For example we store your personal data on secure servers and only disclose your personal data to third parties that also provide adequate protections. Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you, or to a third party, via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area for the purpose of administering some of our operations such as web hosting, payment processing, maintenance services or email distribution. Any transfer of your data will be compliant with the legal safeguards provided by the Act and will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Pelvipro Limited
- specify the personal data you want to access
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you
- specify the information that is incorrect and what you believe should replace it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to unsubscribe from direct marketing. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to. It is also possible to unsubscribe from email marketing only using the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in each email we send
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Pelvipro Limited, 3 Woodcock Close, Pannal, HG3 1LA or call us on 01423 876337
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
About our cookies policy
Our cookies policy explains how cookies and other tracking devices are used on our website at www.pelvipro.com. For the purpose of this policy, references to “cookies” refer to cookies and other types of technologies which are used to help us recognise you as a user of our website.
About cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other device when you visit our website. The cookies are then used to gather information about your use of a site or in some cases, to allow you to be recognised as an existing user when returning.
Cookies are commonly used to help websites work more efficiently and to provide information to website owners.
They help our website to work in the way that you would expect so that we can provide you with a good experience when you use our website. They also help us to improve our site and make our promotional activity more efficient.
In general terms, cookies can be categorised into the following broad categories:
Strictly necessary cookies: cookies required for the operation of the website. They include cookies used to allow you to log in to secure website areas. To do this, we store your details so that each time you login to that area, you can be recognised as a returning user.
Analytical/performance cookies: these are cookies which allow a website operator to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around a website. They help improve the way websites work, for example, by ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
Functionality cookies: these allow a returning user and his/her preferences to be recognised. This means that the website can then present personalised content.
Targeting cookies: these types of cookies record visits to a website, the pages visited and the links followed. These cookies are used to tailor content.
More specifically, we use the types of cookies below at www.pelvipro.com . The table below also provides information about what the cookies are used for.
Cookie Type Name Purpose
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have been referred from and the pages which they have visited.
Cookie settings and more information
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Be aware however that if you use browser settings to block cookies, you may not be able to access all or some parts of the site and our site may not work as intended. This is especially the case for our website because we use a minimal number of cookies and these are aimed at making our website function properly in the way that you would expect.
You can find out more about how to manage and delete cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find out about disabling cookies on the following sites for different browsers:
Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835