Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Could you end up with same results if you just lifted your leg and did the exercises without using Pelvipro?
A: If you did the exercises on your own without using Pelvipro, what happens is that the hip flexors pull the pelvis forward which puts additional strain on some of the most common pain-causing structures.
Using Pelvipro tilts the pelvis backwards, taking strain off these structures and training the muscles to stabilise in that backward-tilting position, protecting those pain-producing structures.
Q: Are there any research studies or case studies about Pelvipro?
A: Take a look at the trials page on our website https://www.pelvipro.com/results-to-date/ or the testimonials page https://www.pelvipro.com/what-patients-say-pelvipro-reviews/ .
There’s also lots of information and some more testimonials on our blog page https://www.pelvipro.com/back-pain-news/
Q: Where does Pelvipro go on the body?
A: This video explains how you use Pelvipro: https://player.vimeo.com/video/237463808
Q: How does it work for spasms in the lower back?
A: Pelvipro helps spasms because it puts the pelvis and spine in their optimal position, which protects the soft tissue. A spasm is very often a response to injured tissue so, by protecting the tissue, Pelvipro creates the right environment for tissue to heal and therefore the spasms will disappear.
Q: Would Pelvipro help with osteoarthritis?
A: Osteoarthritis is caused by a wearing of the cartilage within joints; the joints affected in the spine are the facet joints. If you have a pelvic misalignment, then the spine follows the direction the pelvis is pointing. This can close the facets on one side and open them on the other, and either scenario can result in inflammation of the joints. Put the pelvis in a better position, and you put the spine in a better position, reducing the likelihood of further aggravation to the joints.
Strengthening is also very important in reducing the effects of osteoarthritis. Pelvipro creates a better environment for strengthening to take place in 2 ways:
1. Our trials show Pelvipro reduces pain, and by switching off the pain then important muscles switch back on, giving more protection to the joints.
2. Achieving an optimal position, you create optimal length of muscles which enables them to work more efficiently.
Q: Can Pelvipro help with curvature of the spine?
A: Curvature in the spine is very common and doesn’t necessarily equal pain, but the key is to reduce any potential aggravating effects the curvature can have. You can do this in 2 ways:
1. Achieving your optimal pelvis-to-spine-to-hip position: Pelvipro puts the pelvis in the correct position, which in turn puts the spine in the optimal position
2. Strengthening: Pelvipro creates a better environment for strengthening to take place.
Q: How does Pelvipro work for people with spinal stenosis?
A: Pelvipro will help ease the pain by putting the pelvis in the correct position, which in turn puts the spine in the optimal position, freeing up the nerve roots which cause the radiating pain.
For more details, see our answer below about sciatica.
Q: Can Pelvipro be used for degenerative disc disease?
A: Pelvipro can help because it realigns the pelvis which realigns the spine, putting both in their optimal position. By doing so, it causes the following to happen which aids the health of the discs:
1. The forces passing through the discs to be more evenly distributed, reducing excessive force down one of the sides, which can lead to degeneration.
2. Better strengthening conditions. Strengthening muscles like multifidus, iliopsoas and transverse abdominus all help to protect the discs.
3. There is a ligament on either side that runs from the pelvis to the bottom two vertebrae called the iliolumbar ligament. When the pelvis is misaligned, these slacken which reduces stability around the discs.
4. Pelvipro has been proven to reduce pain. Pain switches off muscles, especially the muscles mentioned above and this results in increased wear of the discs.
Q: Does Pelvipro relieve the pain of sciatica?
A: Sciatica is caused by pressure or irritation of the sciatic nerve, usually because of a back injury or one of the following conditions: a slipped (prolapsed or herniated) disc, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis or piriformis muscle. Because Pelvipro puts the spine in an optimal position, the spine will be more upright. This helps open up the gaps in which the nerve roots exits the spine. It is at this point the compression usually happens so, by opening up this space, the compression can be significantly decreased, potentially reducing the sciatica symptoms.
For more detail how Pelvipro helps relieve sciatic pain, read our blog https://www.pelvipro.com/sciatica-pain-relief-pelvipro-can-help/